Congratulations Brittany of Shelbyville, you are the winner of the Choppin Hunger recipe contest with your Cheesy Potato Soup. This quick and easy soup is perfect for any size family and can be made in a crockpot or on top of the stove. Brittany will receive an iPad Air for her recipe and great idea.
Brittany cooks quite a bit with her Mom, and besides soups she enjoys making homemade pizzas and cheesecake. Sounds like Brittany and her family enjoy their dairy.
Brittany said she entered the contest, “because it would be nice to eliminate hunger in Indiana”. Brittany also says that when her family makes this soup she gives the leftovers to other family members who live nearby. Brittany says this is one of the family favorites and it especially good on a cold winter day.
- 8 potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and cubed
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- In the crockpot add potatoes, celery, water, salt, pepper, milk and butter.
- Cook for 8 hours on Low.
- Add 2 cups grated cheese 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Stir soup to make it creamy and rich.
- IF desired broccoli can be added.
- This recipe can also be made on top of the stove.