Summer is in full swing around here! That means there is tons of fun to be had outside, but I still need to get dinner on the table. So what’s a momma to do? I like to have some favorite go-to meals that are quick, easy and oh so pleasey!
Lou from Much Ado About Lou here.
I am a taco girl through and through. I would be perfectly content making tacos every other week! So when I came across this recipe in Foolproof Family Recipes, I was thrilled! Any recipe that taste like tacos has my stamp of approval, but it is also super quick and easy to throw together.
Now I did make a few adjustments to the recipe because that is just how I am…I rarely leave a recipe alone. It’s one of my quirks. I tried something new this time around. We can go either way on ground turkey or ground beef, but I have never tried mixing them. Since this recipe called for two pounds of ground beef, I thought I would try one of each. By cooking them together, we couldn’t even tell there was turkey in it! Who knew?!
This was an instant hit with my family and only took around 30 minutes total to make! That makes it a summer must-have in this house!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 1-1/4 pz pkgs taco seasoning
- 1-1/3 c water
- 9-3/4 oz pkg chili cheese corn chips, divided
- 2 10-3/4 oz cans cheddar cheese soup
- 1 c milk
- 3 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- halved cherry tomatoes
- sliced black olives
- sliced mushrooms
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Brown beef and turkey in a skillet and drain.
- Return meat to skillet, add in taco seasoning and water.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While your taco meat is simmering, combine soups and milk in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low heat until the mixture is heated through and smooth.
- Make a layer of corn chips on the bottom of a slightly greased 9x13 pan (save the rest of the chips for topping when served).
- Spoon beef mixture over chips and cheese mixture over beef.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over everything.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until your cheese is hot, golden and bubbly.
- Serve with desired toppings.