Captain’s Four Cheese Mac
Serves: Makes 8 servings
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 16 ounces sharp white Cheddar cheese, shredded (4 cups)
- 12 ounces havarti cheese, shredded (3 cups)
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese (1 cup)
- 8 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese (1 cup), divided
- 3 cups whipping cream
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions in boiling salted water until al dente; drain.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine Cheddar, havarti, mascarpone and ¾ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until cheeses melt.
- Gradually add cream, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat. In a large bowl, combine macaroni, cheese sauce, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2-quart shallow or 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs, remaining Parmesan cheese and butter; sprinkle over macaroni. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown