First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to the participating schools that sent in pictures from yesterday’s World School Milk Day events! We APPRECIATE each and every entry! As a staff, we anonymously voted for the Top 3 entries, and of course, we ended with a tie!
All four entries have been posted on our Instagram page (Instagram.com/INDairy), and the winner will be announced next Thursday, October 7th!
HOW TO VOTE: The Top 4 (there was a tie!) pictures are posted on our Instagram page (www.instagram.com/INDairy) ***
Between noon today, October 1st and 8:30 EST Wednesday October 7th, Follow us @INDairy & vote for your favorite picture via a “Like”!
WHO WINS? When the contest concludes on October 7th, the picture with the most “LIKES” will win a fantastic Fuel Up to Play 60 and Colts Prize Pack! (2nd and 3rd place will also be recognized)
Ready to vote?
- Everyone at school wore exercise clothes to “Fuel Up with Milk”
- The school was decorated in the front office and cafeteria.
- The fifth graders “Spelled MILK on the floor” during PE class. After of course they got hot and sweaty from exercising before the picture!
- Each grade level had their pictures taken during lunch
- Each student who drank milk received a “I Love Milk” sticker
- Random gifts of milk pencils, milk carton erasers and coloring books were given to students who drank milk.
- School nurse talked with each grade level during their lunch on having “3 a day” servings of dairy and to also “Rethink Their Drink”
We celebrated World School Milk Day by wearing our milk mustaches, having an all-school read aloud of “It Looked Like Spilt Milk”, having a scavenger hunt to find the illustrations from the book , completing milk science experiments and rewarding the entire student body with a frozen Go-Gurt for finding the entire scavenger hunt list. Students pictured here are posing for a picture entitled “NEEE runs on milk”. This caption was selected by a group of community committee members. The two-featured students are our Fuel Up Fitness Ambassadors.
Here at Reagan we’ve made a tradition from celebrating World School Milk Day!
We are excited to share with you our celebration: we colored, we tried recipes containing milk, we resolved puzzles and of course we learned about how important it is to drink milk and we’ve also tried to show off in our picture THE POWER OF MILK!
Students and staff here at Reagan were having fun celebrating milk!
Prairie Trace Elementary was honored to participated in World School Milk Day. We understand the importance of dairy nutrition and the role it plays on a healthy, balanced diet. Students learn that milk provides vitamins and minerals. These vitamins and minerals give you strong bones and help keep you alert and ready to learn. We celebrated this day with mustaches, cow costumes, posters, fun activities and milk! What a fun day!
Questions? Email Brooke (Schultz@WinnersDrinkMilk)!