Many Indiana schools have been celebrating National School Breakfast Week, and lucky for us, they’ve been sharing their pictures! Here’s what a few schools have been up to this week:
- West Noble Primary (Ligonier) serving yogurt with color changing spoons!
- Shelbyville High School (Shelbyville) “kicking” off the week with Fuel Up to Play 60 ambassador, Pat McAfee!
- Beech Grove Middle School (Beech Grove) welcomed community members and our mascot, Buttercup, into their school
- Bailly Elementary (Chesterton) encouraged students to “Wake up to school breakfast” with an adorable banner
National School Breakfast Week may conclude today, but if you’re looking for an easy-to-make recipe for every other day of the year, look no further than this delicious and simple Mega-Cheese Muffin recipe found in the DairyGood cookbook:
- • Nonstick cooking spray
- • 1 box corn muffin mix; batter prepared according to package directions
- • 1-1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, reduced fat, reduced sodium, shredded
- • 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- • 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- • 3 eggs, large
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Coat 12 standard-size muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine muffin batter with Cheddar cheese, onion powder and garlic powder.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs until the yolks and whites are completely incorporated.
- Place 2 tablespoons of muffin-cheese batter in each tin, making a small well
- in the center.
- Place 1 tablespoon of egg in the well of the muffin-cheese batter in each tin.
- Top the egg with 1 tablespoon of the remaining muffin-cheese batter.
- Bake the muffins for about 15 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin center comes out clean.