- Rock Salt (also called Ice Cream Salt)
- Gallon baggies
- Quart baggies
- An awesome ice cream bowl
- 1 cup half & half (or whole milk)
- 2 Tbs. white sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Any additional mix-ins that your heart desires (cocoa powder, strawberries, Reese’s cups, chocolate chips, sprinkles, oreos, etc.)
- Fill gallon size baggie half full with ice.
- Generously pour rock salt over ice.
- Pour half & half, sugar, vanilla extract, and mix-ins in the quart sized baggie.
- Seal tightly!
- Place quart sized baggie inside gallon sized baggie and ensure both are sealed completely.
- Shake, shake, shake!
- Shake for approximately 5-7 minutes, or until ice cream becomes firm.
- Scoop ice cream into your favorite dish or cone and enjoy!
- If you have self-control and have any leftover, please place in freezer!