Whether you’re hosting, traveling, or staying in for Thanksgiving, a hearty meal is an absolute must! This year, the American Dairy Association Indiana wants to help you prepare by sharing some of our Thanksgiving favorites.
Feel free to save, make, and share our dairy-based recipes with your family & friends! After you’ve prepared a recipe from our blog, don’t forget to share it on social media using the hashtag #MilkMade2017 to show off your dairy-inspired creations this Thanksgiving!
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, vacuum packed
- 1½ cup skim milk
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pkg whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Mash sweet potatoes and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
- Add sweet potatoes to cooked pasta in saucepan; stir in nutmeg, cayenne pepper, and season with black pepper. Add cheddar cheese, and 2 tbsp parmesan cheese.
- Coat a 9”x 9” casserole with cooking spray and pour in noodle mixture.
- In small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, remaining parmesan, and oil; sprinkle evenly over noodles.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, and continue baking for an additional 20–40 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp on top.
Pumpkin can be substituted for sweet potatoes.
Using sweet potato adds flavor and Vitamin A.
Add 4 oz cooked chicken and dinner is complete!
Visit acfchefs.org for more kid friendly recipes!