One surefire way to find out is by participating in the American Dairy Association
of Indiana’s Ultimate Grilled Cheese Contest at the Indiana State Fair!
Submit your best grilled cheese recipe, including a detailed ingredient list and prepping instructions, for one sandwich. Eight finalists will be selected from around the state for a cook-off at the Indiana State Fair on August 11, 2018!
Entrants will have 30 minutes to prepare their recipes and 15 minutes for cooking.
The grilled cheese sandwiches will then be judged on taste, creativity, appearance, and ease of preparation.
Finalists will make a total of four (4) sandwiches. The grand prize winner will be crowned Grilled Cheese Champion and receive gifts and prizes valued at $500! Second place receives gifts and prizes totaling $300. Third place receives gifts and prizes valued at $150.
• Entrants must be Indiana residents 12 years of age or older. The 2017 Ultimate Grilled Cheese Recipe Contest winner is not eligible to enter.
• Limit one (1) entry per person.
• Recipes must use at least two (2) USA-produced cow’s milk cheeses (natural or processed). The cheeses must be the primary source of protein in the sandwich. The recipe is for one (1) sandwich.
• Entrants must submit the Official Entry Form which includes the recipe and photo of the finished sandwich on the Winners Drink Milk website: www.WinnersDrinkMilk.com between June 5 and June 30, 2018.
• Entrants must refer to, read, and understand and follow the contest rules on the Winners Drink Milk website: www.WinnersDrinkMilk.com.
• Recipes will be screened and judged by American Dairy Association Indiana Inc (ADAI), and eight (8) finalists will be selected. Finalists will be notified by July 10, 2018 and must agree to participate in the August 11 cook-off at the Indiana State Fair and be featured in a blog produced by ADAI.
• Recipes should be named, original, unpublished and the sole property of the entrant and not previously entered in any other contest.
• Recipes should list specific ingredients with standard measurements and provide complete preparation instructions. The recipe is for one (1) sandwich.
• Judging will be based equally on Taste; Appearance; Texture/Consistency and Creativity.
• Decisions of the judges are final.
• At the August 11 cook-off, finalists will have 30 minutes for recipe preparation; 15 minutes for grilling/cooking and presentation. Individuals recipe presentation times will be assigned to each finalist for judging. Each finalist will be making four (4) sandwiches. ADAI will provide ingredients, supplies, equipment and assistants for finalists.
• All contest entrants will receive a gift package which will be sent via US Mail before the state fair.
• The eight (8) finalists will each receive three (3) complimentary tickets and one (1) parking pass to the Indiana State Fair.
• Grand prize winner of the cook-off will receive gifts and prizes valued at $500. 2nd place winner will receive gifts and prizes valued at $300. 3rd place winner will receive gifts and prizes valued at $150.
• Recipes become the property of the American Dairy Association Indiana, Inc. and the Indiana State Fair with rights to edit, adapt, copyright, publish and use without compensation.
• American Dairy Association Indiana, Inc. employees or family members may not enter contest.
• Taxes are the responsibility of the winners.