As we say goodbye to a very successful June Dairy Month, we usher in a very favorite month in the dairy world, National Ice Cream Month!
In an effort to properly celebrate what is to come in July, we thought it was only fitting to share a delicious ice cream cake recipe. We went ahead and made this one in-house and our staff agrees– it’s worth every single calorie during these ninety degree days. Heck, it’d be worth it in the middle of winter, too, but thankfully, our excuse stands strong this summer!
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Freezer Time: 5 hours
- 1 package Oreos crushed and divided
- 1/4 c butter melted
- 1 gallon cookies and cream ice cream, softened
- 16 oz jar hot fudge warmed
- 8 oz carton whipped topping (we suggest whipped cream!)
- Add crushed cookie crumbs to a bowl reserving 1/2 cup for the top of the cake. Add butter and mix well. Press into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Spread softened cookies and cream ice cream over crust and freeze for 2 hours
- Drizzle warm fudge over ice cream and freeze for 1 hour
- Add whipped topping and sprinkle with reserve Oreos and freeze for 2 hours. Remove from freezer and let it set out for 15 minutes before serving.