Dairy DOllars grant
Available in February 3 – March 6
American Dairy Association Indiana is offering Dairy Dollars for food service equipment! New this year, we are offering a Coffee Kiosk Kit and cart to enhance your program’s beverage offerings!
- Each application is for a single school to apply.
- If multiple schools from a school district would like to apply, a separate application is required for each school.
- Complete and submit the online application below by the end of business Friday, March 6, 2020.
- The person completing the application MUST be employed in the school nutrition department.
- If your application is considered for approval you will be contacted by a American Dairy Association Indiana Inc. representative and sent a Letter of Agreement.
- Within 4 weeks of receiving your signed Letter of Agreement, a check will be issued to purchase the approved school nutrition equipment as outlined in the Letter of Agreement and grant application.
- Only personnel employed in the school nutrition department may apply for this grant. The school must be located in Indiana.
- The school must participate in the National School Lunch Program.
- The school must include at least one of the grades K-12.
- The school must be located in a recognized “bricks and mortar” school building.
Questions about the grant? Check out other Frequently Asked Questions here or email Michelle Plummer or call 317-842-3060.
Frequently asked questions
No, the grant is specific to food service equipment.
Schools can keep unused funds as long as they let ADAI know how they plan to use it.
This may result in not receiving future funding.
This amount varies annually depending on the number of applicants.
Yes, we ask that you fill out a Letter of Agreement for one year.
Who is in charge of the upkeep and repair of the equipment?
Once the grant is awarded, a check, and an award letter will be sent to the school contact. It is up to the school to order, make delivery arrangements and set up delivery times for the equipment. The school will also pay the invoice. The school is responsible for any portion of the invoice above that of the grant.