Fuel up to play 60
WHAT IS fuel up to play 60?
Launched by National Dairy Council (NDC) and the National Football League (NFL) in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Fuel Up to Play 60 empowers youth to take action to improve nutrition and physical activity at their school and for their own health. The ultimate goal is to ensure changes made at school are sustainable, making it possible for children to have more opportunities to be physically active and choose tasty, nutrient-rich foods (low-fat and fat-free dairy foods, fruits, vegetables and whole grains) throughout the school environment.
Having access to the Fuel Up to Play 60 Playbook, grants, fun rewards and additional resources help make the customizable program easy for any school to implement and any student to be engaged. This program even helps to meet school wellness goals.
Since the program began in 2009, more than 73,000 schools have enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60 nationwide, including over 1,400 schools within the state thanks to Indiana dairy farmer families. Is your school ready to Fuel Greatness?
Fuel Greatness Anywhere
Short Webinar Series
As things continue to evolve, many priorities remain the same – keeping kids healthy, active and engaged will always be on the top of the list. This Fuel Up to Play 60 webinar series has been designed to be short and focused on sharing great resources to “Fuel Greatness Anywhere!”
Each of the four sessions will showcase easy ways to activate a “Healthy Eating” and “Physical Activity” Play at school or at home. Join us as we hear from incredible Program Advisors who have executed these events for helpful tips and tricks to work towards becoming a Touchdown School. Each webinar will only be 30 minutes with chances to win great prizes!
September 17: 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. EST
Physical Activity Play
Walk This Way -- Start a Walking Club
Healthy Eating Play
Highlight Healthy Foods -- Go Nutritious
Stephanie Zimmerman, Food Service Coordinator, South Harrison Community School Corp.
Courtney McGurr, Food Service Manager, Oakland Elementary School
Join us and win Fuel Up to Play 60 prizes for you and your students.
Join our Fuel Up to Play 60 Newsletter!
HOW IT WORKS
Program Advisors – Often several adults from the school (PE teacher, health teacher, school nutrition staff and/or administrators) sign up as the school’s Program Advisors at Fuel Up To Play 60. Also, sign up for Fuel Up to Play 60 newsletter through American Dairy Association Indiana and follow us online @INDairy for great tips and resources.
Plays – Schools choose a Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Play in the Playbook. Student teams then help plan, promote and execute the Plays.
Touchdown School – Program Advisors then work with students to complete three simple steps within the online dashboard to become a Touchdown School.
Student Ambassadors – Students can use the website to collect points towards becoming a leader within the school as a Student Ambassador. A free Fuel Up to Play 60 Student Zone app is also fun and easy to use.
Grant Opportunities – Throughout the year, Indiana dairy farm families support grant funding to help kickoff new programs or enhance what your school is already doing. Grant applications should include details on how additional dairy can support your school’s efforts.
There’s More – Schools have access to free resources, plus additional contests for cool prizes all while making a positive impact in your school!
Connect and Share – Have fun and be sure to share your success with the Fuel Up to Play 60 community and American Dairy Association Indiana.
key program elements
- FuelUpToPlay60.com provides program resources and serves as an online portal to share successes and learn from other participants. The website also includes a searchable database of Playbook Plays, details around the youth Challenges, a personal Dashboard area for students and adults and opportunities for incentives and rewards.
- Rewards to recognize those who take action and encourage continued program participation.
- Interactive online Playbook with easy-to-do healthy eating and physical activity “Plays” – a collection of strategies that help students “fuel up” with nutrient-rich foods and “get up and play” for at least 60 minutes a day
- Free Fuel Up to Play 60 Quick Start Resources for schools which include in-school collateral materials and planning tools to help with implementing the overall program.
- Fuel Up to Play 60 Challenges provided throughout the school year to keep youth excited and engaged in the program. They are designed to supplement and reinforce the Plays in a creative and competitive manner.
- Incentives to motivate students, schools and Program Advisors to meet program goals and milestones as well as funds to help schools make lasting improvements in nutrition and physical activity (on a competitive basis).
Make use of our free Indiana Fuel Up to Play 60 lesson plans for grades 3-7 and 8-12 and additional resources through Young Minds Inspired.
Advice from Indiana Program Advisors
New! Webinar Resources for FUTP60 Supporters
ADAI is pleased to offer live and recorded webinars to our valued FUTP60 supporters.
Our “Connecting Through Fuel Up to Play 60″ webinar is now available for viewing.
Be sure you are on our FUTP60 mailing list to receive updates on the next webinar.
Join our Fuel Up to Play 60 Newsletter!
Indianapolis, IN 46256
Phone: 1 (800) 225-MILK (6455)
For Indiana residents: (317) 842-3060
© 2020 American Dairy Association Indiana, Inc. All rights reserved.