Sustainable Nutrition Resources
Why Winners Drink Milk
Eat Better, Eat Together with Real Dairy
Milk: From Cow to You Handout
13 Ways Milk Can Help Your Body
Think Your Drink
Eating more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and dairy foods is likely to have important health benefits for most Americans, according to the Dietary Guidelines. These foods are sources for specific nutrients of which many Americans are not getting enough — calcium, potassium, fiber, magnesium and vitamins A, C, D and E.
Iodine is an essential micronutrient needed to make thyroid hormones, which are important for metabolism, as well as proper brain and bone development during pregnancy and infancy. At about 20¢ per 8-ounce serving, milk is an affordable source of iodine and other important nutrients.
Looking for a fun outdoor activity? Grab some empty milk gallon jugs and some friends and try our putt putt golf activity.
This easy to do at home craft will be fun for all ages. All you need is an empty paper toll roll, our Cow Craft downloadable sheet, black and pink crayon/marker, scissors and tape.
Nutrient-rich dairy foods not only help children and adults build healthy diets, they also contribute to healthier lives. Studies show dairy foods, as part of a healthy diet, improve overall diet quality, and may contribute to better bone health, lower blood pressure, and reduce the risk for cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
- NEW – Why Winners Drink Milk
- NEW – Eat Better, Eat Together with Real Dairy Booklet
- Milk from Cow to You Handout
- Milk from Cow to You Poster
- Milk: Thirteen Essential Nutrients
- Think Your Drink
- 1% Chocolate Milk Is Back
- Dairy Foods From Farm to Fridge
- Dairy Through Your Lifespan
- Science Summary: Milk as a Recommended Beverage
- Dairy Alternatives
- Dairy + Plant Based Diets
- Milk: Nature’s Sports Drink